Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14b FF swap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RustBuket, Oct 13, 2003.

1. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Well, I'm in the process of putting together some money for a 4" lift and tires and was just wondering about a 14bFF. I told my sister's bf about it and he said that you would probably have to change the master brake cylinder if you swapped the 1 ton axle in there because of the bigger brakes. I was just going to ask you guys what you thought about this idea. Did any of you guys have to do this? What is all involved? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

no need to swap the master cyl.it takes very little fluid to move the wheel cylinders.get one from a 73-87 3/4 ton,and it will bolt right in.i think with a one-ton rear,you will have to move the spring pads,i think.you will also need a conversion u-joint,and 8 lug wheels.shocks will bolt up,as will brake line.very easy swap.

3. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Ok, thanks dude! Anything else? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

4. Curtis2kul

Curtis2kul Registered Member

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
    my uncle has a 14blt ff from a van, he said he would give it to me, i know i need to change spring perches and shock mounts. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO DO, This is coming out of a 1ton dually van? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

i believe thats it.have fun! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif van rears are a little wider than truck rears,but the swap is similar.you guys will also need the u-bolts from the 14 bolts,because there bigger.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, no need to mess with the master cyl when goin ff14b.. just hook up da brake lines 'n' drive.

j

7. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

one ton dually van?,if thats like a dually p/u rear,it will be narrower than a single rear wheel axle by a few inches.spring pads will still need to be moved.

8. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

The van width 14's will actually make the back tires stick out farther by about 2 inches on both sides than the front axle. As for the spring perches, they will have to be moved inward towards the differential. As to how much, I dont know.
    -Harrison

9. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status