Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14b ready to go in truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thedrip, Mar 30, 2007.

1. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

New bearings, seals, cleaned & painted most things. Disc brake conversion. I need to paint the calipers pretty, but I'm waiting until I've fitted the 15" wheels to the front 16, then I'll paint all 4 calipers at the same time.

Only thing left on the is to mount the brake t fitting and run the lines. I'll be using soft lines (recycled from the front of the truck on the last build). Just have to find a t fitting with 2 male 3/16" IF fittings and either a male -4 or a female 1/4" IF. I'm thinking a couple adapters might be needed to make it work.

For giggles when test fitting my 15" wheels for clearance, I used the one with my spare 42" TSL.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I really need to get mine done...

3. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Ooooh, Oooooh! Does this mean we can call your "ride" the little short [​IMG]? :haha: Looks good. Yeah, I made the same mistake, not painting the calipers. I need to do that too! Looks good! Keep up the good work!

Manny

4. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Damit, so confused........

I didn't think you could use 15" wheels on a 14bff? I thought you had to have 8 lug rims.

Or do they make 8 lug/15" rims? Sorry I just thought if you wanted to run 14bff you had to get 8 lug wheels?

Please explain to the nOOb? Thanks

Larry

5. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

Yes they make 15"/8-lug wheels.

My D44 is almost done and then it's on to the 14bff, I'm pumped! Looks good!

6. kontradictions

kontradictions 1/2 ton status

makes me want to get home right now and finish my 14bff. My disc brake swap is good to go, seals are in, but i need to wait until after Moab until the guys doing my gearing can do the gear swap for me...