Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14b sf to 14b ff swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fireinthehole, Aug 12, 2003.

When I find another 14b ff to put under my Sub, it should bolt right up to the stock u-joint right? I have a 3/4 ton Sub with the sf 14b now.

Now I just need to find another one with 4.10's.

Mat

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yepp it will bolt right in all you need in new u-bolts. the brake lines on my 3/4 ton sub hooked right up but my 14bff was older than my sub so the e-brake didnt work. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. Yeah, thats what I thought. The last time I did this swap it was 10b to 14b and the e-brake cable mount had to be fabbed up. So, do you have your e-brake hooked up yet?

3. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Make sure that 14 Bolt FF if off a 3/4 ton and not a 1 ton or you will need to relocate your shock mounts and spring pads. Also, pay attention to the parking brake set up, I found a set up that was compatible with my 91 Burb. There are several different parking brake set ups as they changed through the years. You should be able to find a 14 Bolt FF with a matching set up for your rig. It gets expensive to track down the correct parts after the install.

Good Luck,

Eric M.

4. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

You may also have driveshaft length issues. I just swapped a 14BFF under my K20 in place of my 14BSF. The pinion snout on the 14BFF was 5" shorter than that of the 14BSF. Had to lengthen the driveshaft accordingly.