Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14B Torque Spec?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigasschunk, Jan 10, 2003.

1. bigasschunk

bigasschunk Registered Member

I did a search but couldn't find it...... so does anyone know the torque spec for the bolts that connect the two halves of the carrier? I'm putting a detroit locker in my 14B FF and replacing a Gov. Lock. Anything special I need to watch out for. I've worked on a lot of D60s but this is my maiden voyage on a 14B. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Thanks,

Kevin

2. NoShow84

NoShow84 Registered Member

when i did my locker i didn't know the torque spec, so i called 4 wheel parts and they told me what they were. whish i could remember myself. as far as anything special not that i know of just make sure that you bolt the carrier back together before removing the bolt and washers that are going though the middle of the detroit.

3. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

The ring gear bolts hold the two halves of the carrier together, and the torque spec is 120 lb-ft.

4. bigasschunk

bigasschunk Registered Member

Thanks man, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Kevin

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

In case you don't know, a detroit will not fit a gov-loc carrier, you must have an open carrier to install a detroit.