Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bff 6 lug disk brakes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Redfrog, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

My 12 bolt has a bad bearing So I decided it is time to get a 14 bolt, The only thing is I don't have the extra cash right now to get new wheels, plus the fact the ones I have now are only 2 years old. I have disks on the 12 bolt so I am half way there for the 14 bolt ( caliper and lines). now to the questions.

After searching for acouple of days now I have found this way 8lug the Azkickin way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif where the rotor is pressed on with the studs on the back side, I'm not sure how I would do this with 6 lugs since the lug holes have to be redrilled,
    I'm also unsure on what rotor I would use a 6 lug or a 8 lug

Then I found this way 6lug I don't really like the Idea of having a few of the lug holes looking like this, Not to mention the fact of the braket that would have to be made to get the caliper out that far
    and then the possible clearance issues with the caliper.

If it comes down to it I will stay with drums but I would like to stay with discs.

So anyone have any Ideas??? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

How do you plan to go 6Lug?
    Ive got the AZ disk brake set up with 8-6adapters from TonyP
    I want to adventually get 6lug hubs... but was wonding the same thing how to make it 6lug then I realized the 10/12bolt disk break kit from AZ uses the same rotors just 6lug /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

hmmm... Im not to sure about all of that just dosent seem strong... I would love to see some shots of it from the back side where the studs go in (with out and the brake stuff on) BTW I had to have my hubs turned too