Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14BFF, 8-6lug adapters and Rallye Wheels - no fitty

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by aandpman, Oct 11, 2003.

1. aandpman

aandpman 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Im getting pretty close to swapping out my 10B's to 14BFF and D-44. I've searched and read some posts about using 8-6 lug adapters and 6 lug wheels.

However, when I started doing some measuring, I found that the center hole in the spare rallye wheel measured 3.5" in diameter. Most of the posts state that the hubs on the 14BFF must be turned down to 4 5/16" to get 6 lug wheels to fit.

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifAm I missing something here? A 3.5" center hole won't fit over a 4 5/16" hub.

I happen to like the look of the stock rallye wheels, and that's the only reason I'd even think of doing the spacers.

What 6 lug wheels are you guys using on adapter/spacers? Definitely can't be the rallyes.

Otherwise I guess I'll have to go the 15x8x8 route from summit or someone else.

Any input would be cool and pics even cooler. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

When you convert the 14bFF to 6-lug, the stock Rally's won't fit. You need to use Toyota/Nissan/Isuzu or aftermarket wheels as they have a larger center hole.

Maybe you can have the stock Rallies cut out to the larger size? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Ditch the Ralleys. The stock center cap won't fit over the 14FF hub either. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

just get them bored out to fit , i dont have rallys but my steelies didnt fit either .i havent done this ,mine axle is a 12 bolt with the WARN ff kit .