Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bff and dana 60 swap?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by texrbl, Jun 5, 2003.

1. texrbl

texrbl Registered Member

ok i just bought a 1985 blazer with 10bolts under it. i have a chance at getting the set of bigger axles off a 1 ton dually in my dads back yard. I need yalls help on what will be needed for the swap and about how much work will it be. do i need to change springs any mounting changes etc... any info is welcome

thanks
    BRUNO

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The front is more or less a bolt in, your biggest problem is the fact that the dually hubs are not going to work correctly for you if you want to use normal wheels. New SRW hubs will run you almost $400 for the pair. The rear dually axle should work fine, but you will need to relocate the spring perches and the shock mounts, as they are in different locations on the lighter duty trucks. The front driveshaft will bolt to the D60 but you'll need a conversion joint for the rear. </font>

3. texrbl

texrbl Registered Member

so do u believe i could just find a 14bff out of a 3/4 for cheeper than the hubs? or maybe they make a dually convert wheel or something?

4. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

You'll find a lot more help if you fill out your profile.

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

14 bolts are a dime a dozen, find a single wheel one, and dont pay more then 200 bucks, unless it has a locker, and a good set of gears in it, 4:56's or lower. numerically higher.

6. texrbl

texrbl Registered Member

all right fine be that way /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    naw im just havent had time but ill do it now during my lunch break. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif