Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bff axle trade so I can match gear ratios

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by Panther, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I know this is a real long shot, but I figured I'd throw it up here.

I have a 14bff with 4.10 gears in it, but have a front (8 lug) D44 with 4.56s. I will do a R&P swap if I have to so I can run 4.56s, but I was hoping someone with a 4.56 geared 14bff might wanna work out a trade.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I could trade ya a 4.10 front Dana 44 8-lug so your gears would match. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

I have a Brand new set of Precision Gear 4.56's (thick for the 4.10 carrier) I will sell ya for 175 plus 1/2 of shipping. I was going to regear my old tow rig, but bought a new one instead. I got these from Reider Racing and paid 230 Bucks for them new.

Rob

4. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I could trade ya a 4.10 front Dana 44 8-lug so your gears would match. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would actually consider that for someone nearby (I'm only running 33s). I doubt they'd let me check an axle when I come to Denver this week /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

Thanks for the offer Rob, but I have to pass for now. I was hoping for a $0 (or very little $) solution, at least at this point. The axles aren't going in right now, so if I can't find another way, I will check back with you when the time comes.

5. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I could trade ya a 4.10 front Dana 44 8-lug so your gears would match.
    I would actually consider that for someone nearby (I'm only running 33s).

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone (close by) want to swap their 4.56 14b FF axle for my 4.10 axle or the opposite gear swap in a D44 8-lug front?