Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bff brake line question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hossbaby50, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I have a few questions on the 14bff brake lines. The 14bff I have has the steel brake lines on it, but they are in pretty bad shape. I need to know where I can get a new set of rear steel brake lines that with fit a 14bff.(prebent if possilbe.) Or will my steel lines on my 10 bolt work with the 14bolt? I appreciate any help. Thanks

Harley

2. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

when i got my 14b the lines were pretty bad so i used the lines from my 12 bolt and it worked fine, so im sure the 10bolt will work just the same

3. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

Ones on my 'donor' axle were junk as well. Used the 'factory' 10 bolt and no problems.

4. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

got to your local parts store and buy new lines....these are brakes we're talking about save up your change for a week go to the parts store and for $7 get new ones....its worth the piece of mind. i tink they were 30" and 40" lines(they usually have only 10" segments). i just did mine.
    Ryan

5. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Harley,

Yea, just go to the parts store and get 3/16" brake line...I got the 40" long stuff and cut it down and reflared it to use with my flex lines for my disc brake on the 14bff...I think two 3/16" lines that were 40" long ran like $8.50 and they included the inverted flare fittings...

Good luck man... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Chris

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

If you want pre-bent lines, try out classictube.com or inlinetube.com. They will have the lines already bent to where you just order them and install them. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

I just got done bending lines for my 14 bolt that I just swapped in. I'm not a mechanic, but it was one of the easiest things I've done on the truck. 1 30" line and 1 40" line is enough. just trim it a little, flare it, and you're in buisness.