Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bff carrier question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Ok, I want to send my spare set of spider gears, cross shaft, and side gears to KidJethro to get welded. He says I need to send the carrier too. But I can't really disassemble my rearend to send the carrier with the gears due to down time which I can't have. If I get another carrier out of a 14bff from a Junk Yard or something is this ok? Or is there certain clearences involved with my carrier and gears that would be different between carriers? I just got my 14bff together with 4.56 gears and I don't want to have to get new gears or have them resetup. Is the junk yard carrier ok or do I need to send my current carrier that is on the 4.56's with the spiders.

Also, the spiders I have are my spares. Will this be a problem with anything gear related etc? Thanks

Harley

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Any carrier should work, and any spiders should work too. Detroits bolt into any 14 bolt carrier, so I don't see why a set of spiders needs would need to be matched to the carrier. </font>

3. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Well, I think now would be a good time for ya to send me your stuff, I have a 14b torn apart in the shop right now. With carrier out as well. If ya want to send them within the next week or so, I could use my carrier to set up your stuff. All I'd need in that case is your 4 spiders, 2 side gears, cross shaft and possibly the 4 little cup shaped washer things that fit on the back side of the spiders. And thats just cause I havent split my carrier apart yet too see what shape those washers are in. They break and crack often. You are right in not wanting to send a full carrier all the way from AZ...36lbs is alot to ship that far. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif PM me if ya want to do this, and we'll set somethin up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif