Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14BFF disc brake conversion...need new lug bolts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Jul 9, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I am converting my 14bff to disc brakes...While awaiting the caliper brackets, I get new rotors and calipers and bolted everything on the axle... But I noticed that my lug bolts aren't sticking out very far...Does this conversion usually require new lug bolt due to the extra thickness of the rotor when compared to the stock drum? Thanks for your help gang...BTW it is a 3/4T 14bff that had 11" drums...not the 13's...

Chris

2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

i didnt need any and a friend didn't need any--but who knows every truck is different---test fit it and ef et works --go with it.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If you had the 11" drums like you said, yes you will need new studs. I would get them for an 85 3/4 ton suburban since I know those are the correct length. Also you will need to machine the outside diameter of the head of the stud by roughly .110" for it to fit in the recess of the rotor. I just did this conversion on thursday. My brakes work excellent now.