Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bff disk conversion questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Seventy4Blazer, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

what all do i need other than brackets for a 14bolt disk conversion? will D44 calipers work?
    and what else? where do i bolt the rotor up? in the back just like the drum? any write ups on this subject?
    is 20 dollars a caliper a good price?
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

2. DERBINATOR

DERBINATOR 1/2 ton status

If you go to my for sale ad " i also have 14 bolt disk brake brackets" on page 3 or so and find the post by prediator he did a great write up on his install. It includes everything you need and a price list. Check it out.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by DERBINATOR on 02/19/02 05:55 AM.</FONT></P>

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>The rotor goes behind the hub just like the drum does, and the studs are pressed in from behind. You can use D44 calipers, and $20 each sounds about right

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

misfits backing plates are for sale again in the for sale section, and he does great work.

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>