Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14BFF help...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SCJimmy, May 6, 2004.

1. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Weird shake on my K5 from 58+ mph. Put the rear 14BFF up on jack stands, and it looks like the center of the drive flange and hub are not turning true. Is it possible to have a set of out of true or bent hubs? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

New bearings/races when I rebuilt the axle before the swap. I checked the spindle nut, both sides are torqued tight, so what gives?

It's a 1980 CUCV axle.

If I need new hubs, where's the best place (outside of the stealership) to order a pair?

Byron

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Are you sure it's the hub? Could it just be the drum that's making it look like the hub is out-of-round?

3. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I'm prety sure it's the hub. I sighted the outer edge of the hub at the flange against a stationary object. You can see 1/8" or so as the hub/wheel turns. Guess I need to locate some new hubs, or???

4. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure it's the hub. I sighted the outer edge of the hub at the flange against a stationary object. You can see 1/8" or so as the hub/wheel turns. Guess I need to locate some new hubs, or???

5. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

Pull the hubs off and check to see if the races are in all the way and straight. Maybe give em a tap to make sure and then re check to see if they spin true.