Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bff help!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by berg76, Aug 1, 2003.

1. berg76

berg76 1/2 ton status

its been awhile since ive taken my 14bff hub races and bearings out. Now I cant remember which direction the outer bearing is installed /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. I dont have a reference book to look at. only ck5.com /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

so does the outer bearing slope the same direction as the inner? or does it go the opposite where they form a 'V' if you look at the spindle from the side. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    does it go the opposite where they form a 'V' if you look at the spindle from the side. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they both point toward each other...something like this > <. Make sense?

3. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

kind of off topic- but-

I think we need either a 14FF or just axles forums. SO many questions deal directly with dana 60s, numbers, and 14ff's it's absurd. just look at the number of axle posts.

or maybe a lower drivetrain forum- yeah, i just made that 'lower' drivetrain thing up if it isn't real, i just mean t-case-driveshafts-axles etc. i think this might make searches and proble solving easier. just a thought.

4. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

anyone else?

5. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I agree with that. I've done a lot of searching since I purchased my K20. I looked up hub rebuilds and front u-joint replacing, and a couple of others. Having it all in the same forum would make future searching way easier.

6. berg76

berg76 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help. One step closer to 3/4ton!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif