Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bFF hub removal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 87GMC, Oct 13, 2002.

1. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

How hard should these be to remove and install? When I got the axle, I had to use the BFH to get the hubs off. Just assumed the shoes where sticking. I did the disk brake thing and replaced the bearings and seals. Now I'm having trouble getting them back on. Any ideas? I have a slide hammer, should I be using that?

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

No slide hammers should be employed here. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If you have new bearings and seals installed, you may have to persuade the bearing hubs to go back onto the spindles. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Just work with them by turning and twisting them slightly. Chances are the seal may be tight since it's new. Did you dab some grease on the seal to help it slide over the spindle easier? If not, dab some on there. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

Mine were hard to remove. The rear end had been setting on the groung for several years. I acutualy broke alot of the cooling fins off the drums beating them off. Once I did the disc brake swap they went back on with no problems.