Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bff inner seal leak.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Big'nBadK5, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Big'nBadK5

Big'nBadK5 Registered Member

The inner grease seals i put on my 14bff are leaking what seams to be gear oil... i dont know what that means but i dont think it's good. any one have a similar experience? i just want to gather the facts so i can fix it right and not just keep replacing these seals every 20 miles.

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

If it's the inner bearing hub seal, it's easy to replace (just like a front wheel seal). While it's apart check the spindle for a groove, if it does have a groove LOOK HERE.

Also for best results be sure that your replacement seal is a high quality double wall / double lip seal, C/R is a real good brand. Cheap seals are just that - cheap.

3. Big'nBadK5

Big'nBadK5 Registered Member

what parts houe might carry a CD brand seal that i can pick up? i dont really ahve any time left to order parts. i have pep-boys, napa, and auto zone locally.

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I got my seal from an industrial bearing supplier, Motion Industries. Of the choices listed I would think NAPA would be your best bet.

National is also an excellent brand but I don't know if their seal will be a double lip type.

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Napa carries the C/R brand. Good place to get parts in general /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh, I remembered I have an extra set, it is part #28426 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif