Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bff locked up...how do i get it unstuck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NITRO, Aug 15, 2002.

1. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i just got my lift/axle swap done and the rear is locked up. we tried pushin and pullin with the forklift and it wont budge. just skid. do i hafta take off the drums?? if so, how the hell do i go about doin that? thanx alot. BTW, this thing looks freekin tyte with the lift and snorkel

NITRO

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Hmm....You sure its the 14b? Disconect the driveline and see if it still skids. If it does, I'd bet the e-brakes are siezed up. If it still skids with the drivline off...Check to see that it's in neutral and all that. Other than that, I have no idea. Good luck. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Time and persistance my friend.....

4. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

you mean you put that thing under your rig without even checking to see if it works? /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

5. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

sorry i didnt clarify. my pads froze to the drums. well, i tried pulling one side off today and ended up ripping off the whole part that holds down the brake pads with the springs and the adjusting scre all came off and it ripped the piston out of its lil casing. so, i guess i will b gettin another 14b tomorrow so that i can just take off the 4 bolts and bolt on the whole other drum/everything else with that. hopefully it will all work out...

NITRO

6. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Whoa dude, No need to get a whole new axle. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Just get a new wheel cylinder, some new shoes, a brake hardware kit, (you can get them at AutoZone for sure) and get the drums turned. Put everything back together and your good to go. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i figured it'd b that easy, but hell, ill also trade in the ol 1/2 tons for 3/4 tons while they last out there. that way i got all spare parts and can also do the rear disc conversion w/o hunting all over. thanx for all the info.

NITRO

8. The Loner

The Loner Registered Member

We had a boat trailer that sat for a while. When I went to move it one of the brakes was seized up. I beat the daylights out of it with a BFH and it let go.--B