Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bFF oil leak question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Adrock, Apr 15, 2001.

1. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

ok, i just need to clear something up. the drivers side hub(thing with the 8 bolts) of my 14 bolt is slinging oil onto my rims. is this the problem that can be cured with the Speedi Sleeves? if it is does anyone have a part number or any info on how i can find those. i tried to do a search for this subject but couldnt find anything. thanks alot guys.

Adam

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    "With great power there must also come great responsibility" -Spiderman<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Adrock on 04/15/01 06:40 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Stoopalini did a write-up on this: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.off-road.ws/index.cfm?vwart=&artid=11>http://www.off-road.ws/index.cfm?vwart=&artid=11</A>

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize you are in a hurry."

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Speedy Sleeves go on the spindle when it gets groved and alows gear oil past it. If yours is leaking at the shaft, you need a gasket there. I dont know the part # for it and I have only seen it on one 14 bolt. When I rebuild mine, I used black RTV. I've had my 14 bolt in mud way over the tires and it doesnt leak at all.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]