Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bff pinion housing

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by chrisb420, Jun 4, 2006.

1. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

as the post states i am looking for a pinion housing for a 14 bolt ff rear it needs to have the # 3977354 stamped into it. i bought the rear for my truck at a junkyard and the guy told me it was from an 84 3/4 ton it had a wiped out pinion housing bearing, i bought a replacement from another member awhile back and it looked right but after i got the rear apart it was a different housing it had a different # stamped on it but if anyone has this housing please pm me

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The housing you bought should work it just uses a larger pinion bearing. That housing would be for 1986 and later IIRC.

3. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

thats good to know i bought an install kit with my new gears and it had the old style bearing that is why i was looking for the housing. but i will check price on bearing or see if i can find the different housing at the junkyard.

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The later housing used a larger bearing, just return the install kit and get the later install kit, everything else is the same.