Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14BFF pre-bent brake lines

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jun 28, 2003.

Where can I find the pre-bent brake lines for a 14BFF, stainless steel preferably. The axle is from a 77K20 and the brakes are 77 El Doardo calipers with SS brake hoses if it matters.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

No one makes them. Buy a flaring tool and some straight brake line and bend them yourselves. It's not hard to do and the brake line is cheap. Buy extar so you can play around with the bender and get them just the way you want them.
    -- Mike

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Standard brake line is cheap and easy to bend. NAPA can even order brake lines in various lengths that already has the spiral wrap and ends installed. (The spiral wrap is made from spring steel and helps keep sticks and rocks from hammering the brake line flat when they hit it.) /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Just an FYI, stainless steel is hard stuff and it can be very difficult to get the flares to seal properly with SS hard lines. You have to tighten the bejeezus out of 'em to get 'em to stop leaking at the fittings. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

Just an FYI, stainless steel is hard stuff and it can be very difficult to get the flares to seal properly with SS hard lines. You have to tighten the bejeezus out of 'em to get 'em to stop leaking at the fittings. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He's right, I tried it myself. What a pain in the ass and the results where far from perfict! Not something I would like to try do myself again. Try it if you like on a small piece of stainless. This way you are not locking yourself into making them your self, just in case you hate making them like I did.