Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bff question... *edited* Q about 8-6lug spacer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXsizeK5, Feb 17, 2003.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

case break is at 4.10... i hear that if you use "thick gears" you can put 4.56 in a 4.10 case, is that correct? Thanks!

*edit* one more question, with the 8-6lug spacer, what parts of the hub etc need to be machined down? Can somone have a picture and sho me? thanks!

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Re: 14bff gear question...

Yes, absolutely.
    You can buy 4.56, 4.88, and 5.13 'thick' gears to fit a 4.10 and numberically lower case. When I have price shopped, they seem to run 10 - 20 more than the regular gears that fit the 4.56 and numerically higher case.

3. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Go to Echobit site on web.They have the adapter and will turn hubs to fit them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

watcha mean they will turn the hubs? that means they gotta get a hold of the axle right? i dont think i could take mine to them.

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    watcha mean they will turn the hubs? that means they gotta get a hold of the axle right? i dont think i could take mine to them.

[/ QUOTE ]
    No, depending on which style 14 bolt you have, you hammer all the studs out of the drums which holds the hubs to the brake drum. Then you just have the hub which has the two races and bearings inside it.
    You have to have the outer diameter of the hub where the rim would mount turned down so the adapter and your rim will fit.

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

yea i understand, but he says "they will turn the hubs to make them fit." I'm thinking they means echobit, but for them to turn the hubs for me dont they need my axle? or the hub atleast, so id have the ship them that for them to do it etc etc