Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bff questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ben794X4, Feb 15, 2002.

1. ben794X4

ben794X4 Registered Member

what bolt pattern do these come with? And can they be converted if they are eight lug?? I am gettin the bug to spend a bunch on my k5 and these rear ends can be had in my area for around 400 complete. Also do they typically come with lockers?

79 4x4 k5 stock
    3spd granny stock 350
    12 bolt open rear
    10 bolt open front
    Subvert the accepted paradigm.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

They come with the normal 8 lug pattern. I am not sure of the inch of the pattern though. They can be converted to 6 lug, but it take some custom machining of the hubs. I was thinking of matching it to 6 lug, but decided against it. Some came with a factory Gov-loc, and I hear for the 14b they are ok, but if you ever want to change to a real locker you have to get a new carrier. The govlock is half limited slip, and half locker from what i understand. I had one in my 10 bolt, and it sucked. It exploded one day on a hard take off on the street. It was crap. I would recommend getting a 14bff with an open carrier, because Detroit lockers for them are $330, and they are easy to put in. You don't have to have the gears set back up with the Detroit for the 14bff like you do with most other axles.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.