Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bff/spool/4:88

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MetalMelter, Sep 8, 2006.

1. MetalMelter

MetalMelter 1/2 ton status

Need info on my best bet on cost for a full spool. Have 4:10 gears at this point.
    4:88's soon. RRP is my first choice. No welding for me, seen some bad
    s**t come through lately , just want something that works. strong/
    strong. Thanks, Party on...

2. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Why a full spool and not a mini spool. The FF 14 bolt carrier is pretty bulletproof.

3. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

I picked up a full spool from Randy's Ring and Pinion. It is bullet proof, heck probably bomb proof. :haha: I don't remember the price, but I believe they have it on their website.

[​IMG]

I wouldn't recommend it for daily driving though. Any kind of sharp turn on pavement and you hear the outside tire being drug around the corner.

4. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I wouldn't recommend it for daily driving though. Any kind of sharp turn on pavement and you hear the outside tire being drug around the corner.[/quote]

really? mine always chirps the inside tire. the axle will twist a little then release causeing the tire to spin a little. never had it drag the outside tire.:confused:

5. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

Ugggg, now that you said that I am questioning myself.:confused: Either way, one tire turns and the other doesn't causing lots of tire wear and also a increase in your turning radius on pavement. I don't notice the turning difference in dirt though.