Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bFF yoke for 1/2 ton shaft

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Cornfield creations, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

Oct 19, 2005
    We went to put the driveshaft in my buddies truck finally and come to find out that the truck the 14bff came out of was a 1/2 with 3/4 axles. His driveshaft wouldn't fit, his 84 k-10 stock shaft u-joint was bigger than the yoke on the axle. We looked at the parts truck driveshaft and sure enough, it was a stock 1/2 ton. I never knew they made yokes for the 14bff that was fit a 77 1/2 ton shaft.

Also another thing we ran into getting the yoke nut off. We had the socket on there, breaker bar, cheater bar and two people pushing/pulling and never broke it loose, just wrapped the leaf springs. We then decided to pull out the impact, (we didn't before because he has a small compressor that takes like 10 minutes to compress for very little work time) and when it was aired up it spun it right off. So for those of you that run into the same thing, just go straight to the impact and don't waste your time with a breaker bar :doah:
  2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Oct 28, 2003
    It is even more fun putting that F(^*ER back on. When Roz and I did mine the impact would only go so far and the rest was done with a 3/4 drive ratchet and a 3 foot piece of pipe. I ended up aggrevating a hernia that I need repaired. :doah: