Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bolt----Disc brake pics!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by or2play, Sep 15, 2002.

1. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Brian,

Do you think it makes a difference where the caliper is located?

I notice that yours is substantially "clocked" up compared to where mine ended up being.....Your's looks to be in about the 11 o'clock position, mine are at about 9 o'clock....?

Dunno if it make a difference in braking, but might have some issues when it comes to bleeding the brakes.

Because there are only 4 holes in the bracket, it would seem that there are only ways to install the bracket. In reality, you can also "flip" the bracket too, which means there are a total of 8 ways the bracket can be bolted to the axle tube. This is what I found on mine anyways....

Curious /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Its purrrdy. Do you think there will be any issues with the rubber brake line when the rear axle is flexing?

4. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

Mine are about 11 o'clock. I actually wish I put them on the other side, about say 2 o'clock so they match the front brakes. But I haven't seen anything yet to suggest clocking them one way is better than the other.

When I get my springer setup, I plan on pulling the brakes off and flipping the bracket the other way. Well see then if that makes them stop better or worse.

5. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

I'm sure there would be. Right now the truck stays on the road. Those brake line were a quick fix to get me on the road. When the suspension is done I'm gonna half to get longer ones anyways.