Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14Bolt FF/10Bolt hard lines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Jun 11, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Ive been posting ALOT over the past week or so but this is al vital information and this I tryed a few serches on and found nothing. Are the hard lines from a 14Bolt FF and 10bolt close to being the same? My 14bolt dosent have any hard lines on it and I got the old 10bolt lines I could take off But is the line and ends the same size? I know it probably wont fit RIGHT but if it can get me a few months I will then be able to get new 14Bolt FF lines
    BTW I appreciate all the help and I WILL get a membership SOON /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

i assume you are talking about the brake lines- and yes they will fit. i believe the 14FF uses larger diameter tube, but without a 3/4 ot 1 ton master cylinder it won't make a difference. but yes, the flare nuts match up.

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Well actually im putting a 1ton mastercilinder on BUT if it will work for a few months then Ill be good to go BTW are the 3/4 and 1ton 14Bolt lines the same?

4. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

the LINES i don't think are, but the flare nuts are.

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Money is tight for me too, but hard brake line is really cheap. Do brakes right the first time....