Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bolt FF disc brakes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Jun 4, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Has anyone come up with a custom disc set-up for their 14 bolt. I had a TSM kit on my old 10bolt (still have it if anyone wants to trade for drums to put back on my parts suburban). Although TSM kit was easy one, I didn't like the dam Caddilac e-brake calibers, so I was wondering about the possiblities of getting a hold of a couple backplates from front 3/4 ton, rotors and calipers. The only problem I can see is mounted the backing plate to axle. I haven't taken my 14 bolt apart to see if possible, but my the looks of the four bolts holding the drum backplates on, looks feasible and a heck of a lot cheaper than any kits out there. Appreciate any info or advice.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I have the TSM kit on my 14 ff and I like it. I have the eldorado calipers too, but I'll switch to stock 1/2 ton fronts when I change the master and booster.</font color=blue>

[image]http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads_uploads/53-288682-mudpit3.jpg[/image]

3. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Are you changing to a 3/4 ton master and booster, and how did you know that was required? It may not be a bad deal from TSM if I can avoid those dam caddy calipers.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

4. ScoobyDann

ScoobyDann 1/2 ton status

El Paso, TX (Far West Texas near Las Cruses
    the guy named Misfit makes brackets and sells them for $60, I did a price list and came up w/ about $250 and was the simplest thing I ever installed on my truck. If you want to see it it is under "almsot done with Misfits brakes" or something like that.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jimjim.coloradok5.com>http://jimjim.coloradok5.com</A>

5. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

You guys should go look under some late-model Econoline Vans. They use rear disc service brakes with a mini-drum parking brake inside. Even better is the bolt-pattern is the same - not metric like the F-SuperDuty's.