Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14BOLT FF DISK BRAKE QUESTION

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Jun 11, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Ok I know you need callipers from a 71-78 3/4ton(D44 CALLIPERS)Can you use callipers from a 79-87 3/4ton(8LUG 10BOLT)? I though they were the same except for the bango bolt size Will it make any differance? And does anyone know what brake like you can use from the hardlines to the callipers other then the A-TRON hoses(im starting to run out of $$$) /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Any of the 1/2 or 3/4 ton calipers will work fine. As for the lines, I found the perfect rubber brake lines to go from the hard line to the caliper on the 14 bolt disc conversion. Raybestos part number is BH38648 and BH38647. There is a left and right side, but either will work for either side. The only difference is a really minor offset on the hole in the banjo fitting. They are real short, 8" long overall, have the banjo on one end and a 3/16" female flare on the other. The banjo fits in my non-metric calipers perfectly.</font>

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Thanx for the info I have a set of 3/4ton 10Bolt callipers that would make really nice cores /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But I need to figure out what hoses I can run with those because those are the metric bango bolts right?

4. jstevenj

jstevenj Registered Member

Be careful using 1/2 ton calipars, they are not quite a wide as 3/4 tons. If you use new pads and new rotor you may have a problem with the calipars fitting over the rotor without grinding dome of the pad thickness down. It won't take much but it wuld be better to use 3/4 ton calipars.

5. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm looking in my Raybestos catalog and the part number is the same for both 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton trucks.