Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bolt out of Chevy Van (questions)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz88K5, Aug 24, 2001.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Ok well i have heard that a 14 bolt out of a van will not work...what are the reasons....is it narrower than the truck version or whats the deal?...i got one from a van i would like to put in my 88 but i want to know for sure befor i even bother wasteing my time haveing it rebuilt.

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!</font color=blue> [​IMG]

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i just found my 14 ff and in my studies i have found that one out of a van will work and also has the advantage of being 3 inchs longer than a regular one so you wont have to put in spacers. the only things that you will have to change are the perches and the shock mounts i believe.

Cause Stone Cold said so !!

3. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

That sounds about right to me. They're 3 inches wider than the regular ones so they match the front wheel base. Just reweld the perches and shock mounts and you'll be set.

Rod
    Alameda, CA
    85 K5 6"ProComp 35"Boggers... and it's still not BIG ENOUGH!!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle</a>

4. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Put it in. It is wider so you blazer will have the same front and rear tread tracking. i have one in mine.

5. rickmack1

rickmack1 Registered Member

You need to talk to Chuck at chuckschevytruckpages.I'm also doing an axle swap with a 14 bolt.I got mine off a 3/4 ton and Chuck has alot of info that helped me in my journey to a better Blazer.
    Rick