Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14Bolt rear U-bolt question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by woody9, Jun 9, 2001.

1. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

in process of swapping 14bolt FF from 3/4 ton into my 91... had the lame 10 bolt in it!
    Took the measurement of spring pack, axle @ pad, and u-bolt plate, and length seems good @ 8 1/4... as well as the 5/8s diameter rod... but the 3 1/4 'around' the axle seems a little shy. It's causing the bolt to "V" out at the top and can't quite get it to squeeze through the u-bolt plate...

Anybody do this recently and remember the size they used?

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Did it recently and used NEW ones received from ORD. Not always a good idea to reuse the old ones even if they do fit, which your's don't. Larger axle tube on the 14 bolt vs the 10 bolt. A full set front and rear from ORD costs $30, probably could score just the backs for $15-20.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com</A>

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

All those 14FF and SF rear tube diameters are 3 3/8" round.

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

4. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

They're new U-blots. Local parts house measured 'em... via the plate diameter... and grabbed (ordered actually) the 3 1/4 for me. They didn't show a listing for the donor truck.
    Hmm, sunday, middle of now-where as far as parts go..... this should be fun to overcome!
    Thanks!

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Thats why with parts stores and aftermarket goodies for trucks, you can never rely on them to do your guess work.
    Always take the measurements YOURSELF if you have to. This saves alot of time and trouble in the long run.

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>