Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14bolt swap, blocks, longer ubolts, conversion joints, disk brakes, DS ang

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Jun 4, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

First, will I get any lift from swapping in a 14bff over my 10bolt? I have a zerorate in the rear but it still sits a little low.

next what is the conversion ujoint and how will the driveshaft be affected angle-wise with the 14bolt swap? Is the pinion nose of the 14bolt longer, lower, will it need more or less angle?

I'm running a 10bolt with 3* shims and a zerorate on 4" rear springs and the rear still sits a little low and on hard acceleration it still has some vibes.
    All the joints seem OK just wondering if the rear axle is pointed up to high? I have the transfercase lowered. Will the longer nose on the 14bolt help or hinder angle in this situation?

Should I go ahead and order a 2" rear non-offset block at 3* or just get a 2" block and try using my shims again. Should I raise the transfercase back up and slide the 14bolt under then try to guestimate a degree then order the X* non-offset blocks?

I want to use the zerorate thats in there now in the front of my other truck (so pulling it in favor of the 2" is ok). I have to buy 14bolt ubolts so I want to get them long enough to do the 2" block also (the 10bolt ubolts I have now are just flush with the top of the nuts with just the zerorate and shim). So I want to kill a few birds with the 14bolt swap (vibes, angled non-offset blocks (from azkickin), ubolts and driveshaft length with 6" of lift vs the longer nose of a 14bolt).

Anyone else with a 14bolt 4" springs and 2" blocks? I'd like to reuse the driveshaft, no funds for new lines on this truck yet. I'll be doing good to get the swap done! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Ideas, comments suggestions /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif