Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14FF backing plate bolt pattern?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 79Jimmy, Jun 30, 2001.

1. 79Jimmy

79Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if anybody knows or could measure the 14FF backing plate bolt pattern for me. The four bolt pattern that attaches the backing plate to the axle tube. Trying to figure out if its the same as the SF which is a 3 13/16" hole diameter of the backing plate and 3 5/16" between bolt holes on center (not diagonal). If someone can confirm that the backing plates of the FF and SF are interchangable then my question is answered. Trying to find out if the rear disc brake swap for a FF could be easily applied to a SF, or more specifically if the brakets that misfit make for the FF will also bolt onto the SF[​IMG]

Thanks,
    James

79jimmy@home.com

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

There are no disc brake conversions available for the 14 b semi floater to my knowledge. I'm not positive, but I don't think the 14 b ff kit will work. That said, I will tell you that their used to be a kit, but there isn't anymore.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>It will bolt up to the housing but the caliper will probably not be centered over the rotor. TSM makes the brackets, Corey88K5 has them on his SF. You use stock 6 lug front rotors and Monte Carlo front calipers or 80-84 eldorado calipers (for parking brake).</font color=blue>