Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14FF brake line to wheel cylinder Q?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jackedjimmy, Oct 5, 2002.

1. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

On a 14ff,the wheel cylinder is obviously larger than on a 12bolt, which means that the new brakelines that un along the axle and the braided extenders I just bought aren't going to work. My question is...could i just get an adapter to go into the wheel cylinder and into the brake hose connection?

I'm not a brake expert but i think that this might restrit the amount of flow needed for 1ton brakes too much by having that diameter of tubing.

The actuall tubing is pretty cheap and i wouldn't care too much if i had to replace it, but the procomp braded lines are expensive. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I'm pretty sure that the brake line is the same diameter. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. jackedjimmy

think your right on the actual tubing, but the end fittings that o nto the wheel cylinder are bigger. I know that i could probably just get the fittings and re flare it but i suck at flaring on stuff that smll. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

then have a friend do it, or goto a shop and let them flair it for you /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. jackedjimmy

ttt---so am i going to have really weak rear brakes if i run these lines? i could adapt to the larger on the cylinder end but the connections at the flex line would be the same as on a 12bolt.....other ideas?

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Nope, they'll work fine. There isn't much fluid that actually moves when you press the brake pedal. Especially with drum brakes since the wheel cylinder volume is very small. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif