Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14FF buildup

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sandawgk5, May 7, 2005.

1. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I just got my housing stripped down today and now I need to clean and paint it. My question is I intend to put disk brakes on this thing and do I need to use the E-brake calipers or can I get by without an E-brake. My eventual goal is to have a T-case E-brake and I dont want to dump the money on caddy calipers if it is not necessary. Also I heard that they dont really work anyhow they just kinda put a "check in the box" so to speak. And if I do need the e-brake calipers does any one know a cheap place to get them with the arms and springs?

2. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

i am using the caddy calipers, and have the e brake wroiking great with the stock lines. no problem at all using it. you do have to rememnber to use it though as it keeps the caddy calipers adjusted. i also went this route because of inspection laws in jersey. i guess its up to prefernece.

i went to www.car-part.com to get my calepiers. even if you get cheapos and use them as cores, at least youll ge the spring and lever with it.

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I checked that site and the cheapest ones were $50 each side. Maybe I am not using the site properly dunno I will keep checking.

4. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

i got lucky and got them for around 15 bucks a side. when i got them they were in good condition too. i just wanted new ones. keep checking and you should find a deal

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Another question as I show my stupidity. It has been awhile since I have bought brake pads. When they are listed as a set, is that 1 side or is it both sides?

6. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

They should come with 4 pads enough to do 2 calipers..

7. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Thanks. I know its a dumb quetion but I havent done a set of brakes in like 10 years. I have never owned a car long enough to need a brake job.