Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14FF + Disc Brake Brackets = No Ebrake?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by buknbronco78, Apr 1, 2002.

1. buknbronco78

buknbronco78 Registered Member

Ive been reading the posts but i cant seem to find a definitve answer if there is a way to keep a ebrake while swapping in a 14FF with either a Misfit or Derbinator kit. Am i missing the one post where this was discussed, which caliper or running some kind of extra line. All I know that it wont pass inspection here in Jersey without one.
    Thanks

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Use the Caddy calipers and you can keep the E-brake.

3. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

If you 1976-78 Eldorado rear disc calipers you will be able to hook up the existing e-brake on these calipers. You will want to be sure that you get the e-brake lever that is attached to the caliper when you buy these because that is the part thats hard to find. It is a little more work to find everything and mount it all but the end result is well worth doing the job right.

4. BigBadCad

BigBadCad 1/2 ton status

I just finished the swap a couple of weeks ago using the 76-78 cad calipers with the ebrake. Get a set of cores from a salvage yard because you'll need the ebrake arm and return spring. The only problem I've had so far is the ebrake wont even hold my truck in drive. It probably needs more tension on the line

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I have the Eldorado calipers and I just passed NJ inspection but I don't have the cables hooked up. I guess they didnt look. I gotta go again this month so I'll find out

6. buknbronco78

buknbronco78 Registered Member

Yeah, Im just about to pick up axles out of a 70's K20 and just want to make sure off all the parts I need. Im gonna try and hit the junkyard and get all the parts so when I find the right blazer I can do a rapid build up and not miss out on any fun. And if anybody knows of a good line on a diesel K% in the Atlantic Ocean area thats not a severe cancer patient let me know, Ill make the drive. Either that or its TBI for me.