Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14ff disc brake ??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bablazer73, Sep 9, 2002.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I got some brackets from a member and am trying to install. I found out I need some spacers for brackets. 11/16 thick.any clue what I can use? I also tried to put my rotors on and because the rotors are thicker than the drums, my studs are short. I went to parts store and found longer studs to install. 3.00 each, need 16!! anybody else run into this?

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Not sure who you bought your brackets from but DERBINATORS brackets come with a solid round spacer. You must have had the 11" drums which use a shorter stud than the 13" drums use.

3. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I went to a speciality fastener store and picked up some bolts and some lock-nuts for extra security. If he won't make em for you, all it is a tubing product, try here: www.mcmaster.com do a search on bushings, then choose: Machinery Bushings. They have many sizes, there should be something close!

4. bablazer73

yeah, I do have the 11" drums.

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i picked up all 16 of the lugs from my local tranny and axle shop. 15 bucks for all of them. they were out of a dually. EXTRA long. stick out as far as the hub itself.
    but they wrok. and cost less.
    Or2play has the stock ones, they are to short by about 2 - 4 threads...
    grant

6. bablazer73

thanks. I used the website. Looked up spacers and came up with some for only 18.20 each!! searhced under bushings and found some for 4.76 each that should work. gonna call and order. thanks for the link.

7. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Hey Henry I have some 1"- 1/4 wall DOM I can cut up and ship it out to you for FREE. How does that sound?

8. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cool, I order parts from them weekly, fast deliveries!!! On the studs, I re-used mine, but I'm runin' steel wheels.

Jerry /forums/images/icons/smile.gif