Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14ff disk brakes, how do you fit the bpads on

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by arq, Feb 28, 2003.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i've had disk brakes for about a year now. i had to use my old brake pads to fit on the set up. how do you guys fit them on if
    caddy caliper opens up to 2.25"
    75 3/4 ton rotors are 1.25"
    brake pads are 1.125"
    doing the math 2.25 < 2.375" (= 1.25 + 1.125)

the brake pads and rotors require 2-5/8" and the
    caddy caliper only opens up to 2-1/4" so i can't squeze it in.

did i miss something???

ARQ.

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I think you'll have to use the Caddy brake pads... but I'm stupid /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif so before you believe me, let somone else confirm this first. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Sounds like you have the wrong calipers. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif The only ones that fit right are from a '74-'76 Eldorado. Later models don't open as wide. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Harry I'm 99.9% sure you are wrong, the years are 76-78 El Dorado, Riviera, and Toranado.

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Seems that I always get the years wrong. I just checked in an old TSM catalog and it says '76-'78 Eldorado. I tried a set from a Seville, but they were too small. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i have two types of calipers ones i took off a 84 seville, which i am using on my 12bolt and they are too small to even fit on the bracket and the others that i got from an eldorado, 77, that i use on my 14ff. they are larger that the other ones. how many types of calipers did caddy make?

anyone know if the caddy brake pads are thinner?? they have to be at the most an inch.

ARQ.

7. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

if you are using caddi calipers u also have to use the caddi pads.i just got mine yesterday and did a test fit.they are perfect.i think the thickness of the pad is different for the front gm caliper and the cadi caliper.ive always read on other posts on this that u have to use the correct pad designed for the caliper you are using or it will not fit right.when i bought my calipers i bought the loaded ones that come with the correct pads and also with caliper bolts that hold it on.only cost me 10 bucks more per caliper which brought total to 90.95$.not too bad.now i gotta figure out how to get the ebrake to work.i pm'd atron and they are still working on it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif