Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14FF hub brngs - Sleeve Question? (oh Wes....??!!))

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by woody9, Aug 5, 2003.

1. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

Think this'll be the 3d seal on the pass side of that pesky 14FF!!!! I seem to recall /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif something about a sleeve (about the thickness of a gnats' a$$) that may resolve the problem. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Seems it was a tad pricey /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif ($65 a side? with install tool?).
    My limited search skills, i didn't find it there...
    Anyone recall this and can point me the right direction? a link maybe? Wes, didn't you mention it once?

TIA!

2. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

my buddy put one on my 14ff he got it from napa like 20 bucks maybe /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

Was there a 'real name' for the item? Seem to recall i found 'em on-line once with all the instructions and such....
    Thanks!

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

The CR brand sleeve for a 14 bolt is #99282, I got mine from Motion Industries. I was also able to get a CR seal by cross referencing the National #, the CR seal was a much better seal - double wall & double lip. Sorry, I don't have the CR seal number.

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

#99282 is the common number that can be cross referenced just about anywhere at parts stores.

Expect to spend around $55-ish, per side. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The part name is called Speedy Sleeve, but I've seen them spelled Speedi-Sleev and other ways before. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

If you buy the Chicago Rawhide brand repair sleeve through Detroit Ball Bearing / Applied Industrial (or equivalent), it will be A LOT cheaper than buying the Speedi-Sleeve at an auto parts store.

7. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

I knew it had a name! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif and figued you'd have it! (i see a number of others do as well! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Ya gotta love it!

Thanks all!