Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14FF is going in tomorrow...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Well, out of necessity more than desire. My rear 12B TruTrac finally packed in. After 7 years of hard abuse on 35s, the small gears in it started coming apart. So, I am faced with a delimma. Try to weld the trutrac.... pretty much impossible... or swap in the 14FF... dont have the 4:56s yet, dont have the disc brackets made yet... dont have any 8 lug wheels or tires yet. Wasnt really ready for the swap, but guess its gonna happen. I have to run it 4:10 for a while, pressure my buddy into makin the brackets this week, and swap the 4:10s back into the front D44, with the 8 lug spindles, then beg some tires and wheels out of someone in time for a trail run next weekend! DANG! busy week ahead of me for sure.

Later
    Mike

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

It will be worth all the work when you are done!

3. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

How'd it happen thumper? Your weren't running it hard just before were ya?

Honestly lets do up those brackets, you won't notice a difference with the 4:10 from 4:56 with that low tranny!

Lemme know when you get the steel and we'll get those fired up!

Ryan

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

you're having a friend make your rear disk brackets?

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

dont worry my truck is the same way. except my front locked up at 70 on the interstate. it was cheaper to buy the whole 8 lug parts truck for 400 than to pay that for a 6 lug front from a jy. got lots of spare parts too. gonna go ahead and put on disc because its cheaper and no p brake required in louisiana. still gotta bet rims. i want 15's but the tires i have now are 16. do i get rims or tires????? ahhh!!!! the never ending project that cant wait /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

69k5

6. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Umm well, ya see... something in my mind snaps when these punk a$$ kids pull up beside me in thier 'rice rockets'... so I just had to wax him... you know how it is right? I really dont think it had anything to do with that...
    Ya, I will grab some steel on Monday. Hopefully I can be mobile this week sometime. Gail asked Dusty if I can borrow the 38s for a couple weeks... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Catch ya later
    Mike

7. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

thumper needs those 38's even if there just on loan!

i'm makeig his brackets, and there gonna be real nice!

i'll get the shop keys and we'll have to work some overtime!

Ryan