Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14ff limited slip?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RobbieOH, Mar 11, 2002.

1. RobbieOH

RobbieOH Registered Member

I've heard that the 14ff comes with a limited slip in some models, and that if youre going to put a locker in it you want the one that has an open carrier, but I don't know how to tell the difference. The axletube on the one I have has the code RFKG2932 on it and I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it, or if anyone could help me figure out a way to identify the 14s with limited slips and those without.

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Here is a pic of a Gov-lock. <a target="_blank" href=http://yeagerd.home.mindspring.com/TablePics/limitedslip5.jpg>click</a>.
    if it is still in the rig the code for it is G80, that would be on the glove box sticker.

3. BadassZJ

BadassZJ Newbie

Robbie, let me know when you want to pull the cover and the brakes. I want to see what this thing really is...

4. RobbieOH

RobbieOH Registered Member

The axle is out of original vehicle, and in the back of my blazer, so I don't have the glove box. Do you know of a way to tell from the numbers on the axle itself?

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I can't help with the #'s .
    Your best bet is to remove the cover and see what is in there.