Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14ff questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k20, Oct 3, 2005.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Ok, money is tight, and I have a buyer for my 14sf I think. Anyway, went out today to take a look at my 14ff, popped the cover and realized I never added oil after I drained it when I was cleaning it. :crazy: Anyway, there just appears to be a little surface rust on the ring gear teeth, that werent engaging the pinion gear. Anyone think this will cause any problems?

I was originally planning on taking the thing, replacing all the bearings, new brakes, locker, etc. Anyway, now Im thinkin, stick my locker in, check the brakes, probably replace em, install and go. The question is, how hard is it to install a richmond loc-right, that Ive had sittin under my bed for a year?

Thinking about it, it doesnt seem too hard, yet the second I start reading the instructions, I go :confused: :crazy: :eek1: :confused: ... Am I just overthinking it, or is it really that hard? On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being and oil change, and 10 being rebuilding an auto tranny, where does it rate?

I dont believe I need any special measuring tools to complete this, or am I just retarded? Thanks for any help guys, but if I can install this thing myself, for no more parts than brake shoes, I should be able to come out with profit, and that is sorely needed right now. Chris.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2005
  2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

NAW, won't bother it, if it's just surface rust, throw some new oil in there, run it alittle and it'll all be gone, had this before on some other stuff i worked on.

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

TTT, anyone know about how hard it is to install a loc-right?

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

time and money just detroit it.

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Already got a loc-right.

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

sorry havent seen one yet instaled or otherwise. good luck.