Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14ff strap p/n

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k20, Jul 17, 2006.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Ok, I cant find my 14ff straps & bolts anywhere, guess thats what I get for lettin it sit for so long. Anyway, I am finding conflicting stories on what straps to use. On pirate it says none of the parts store ones work. Yet when you punch the GM # into Napas site, it spits back 2 diff napa parts, both look like the one in the pirate article (the gm one) and they are 2 different prices.

I search on CK5 and I find half a dozen posts talking about the Napa part number, but no one ever says what it is. Does anyone know it, or are the Napa ones pieces of junk and I need to go drop like 20 bucks at the chevy dealer for it?

Thanks guys.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

parts store stuff is junky metal and fit like crap. bolts suck also.

go get the dealer stuff and be done with it. or spend a few more bucks and get a ubolt yoke for the sucker. :D

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Alrighty, well, if I go with the GM pieces, what is the correct p/n for the bolts? The pirate article says GM p/n: 458300 or 14018700 . If I look on GM parts direct, they are two different prices, what gives? Which one do I need?

My local dealer has the straps and 14018700 in stock, they can have the other bolts the next day. Aint gonna be able to get over to the dealer till tomorrow, so Id like to be able to know which I need, so if they need to order them, they can have them tomorrow.

4. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Autozone sells the strap kit for the 14ff in the "help" section. Thats where I got mine. The metal is cheap and flimsy and the bolts suck....but they are cheap so I stock up when I go wheeling. It usually only takes a trip or two before rock rash rounds off the bolts anyways.
    -Harrison