I am swapping a 14ff in place of my 10 bolt. I have come into a problem w/ the e brake cables. The 14 bolt is from a 74 and my blazer is an 85. The e brake setup is not the same. Is there any way of fixing this without changing the backing plates w/ a newer axle???? Please help for I am running out of time! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif FINISHED: Well it was a PITA but I am finally donw w/ the swap over except flushing the brakes which will be done first thing in the morning! Here is what I did: Replaced rear breaks $40, Cleaned and painted axles (4 freakin' hours of hard ass labor) $16 in paint, New gear oil $8, New passenger side e brake cable $30, new u joint didn't need will tell in a second, brake cleaner $6!, New u bolts for front only $44, drum seal on the rear $11. Well we ran into a few problems as you know and everything finally worked out. We were going to have a local drive line shop put a 3/4 to yoke on the end of my driveshaft. I went and picked up the u joint at NAPA andd took it to the shop. Guess what the driveshaft already had 3/4 setup on it. We couldn't tell till we actually compared it to another one. The guy kept telling us it was already 3/4 ton and we said No it came off a half ton and we need it to be 3/4 ton /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif He said Look I am not going to argue w/ you. So we said ok your the expert, sure enough when we got home we about choked. That save me $80!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Any ways all said and done I am now 3/4 ton It feels good!