Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

14SF 6-lug in Austin,Texas - PICK-UP ONLY - 3.42 - easy 10 bolt swap

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by Highjaxx, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Highjaxx

Highjaxx 1/2 ton status

Has relocated and rotated spring mounts, shock mounts, 10-bolt hard brake line. 1350 yoke. Brakes are taken apart(no shoes or e-brake cables), drums are smooth. Does have factory limited-slip. Pinion has been pointed up slightly from stock to make up for a lift with a CV-shaft. Angled for 700/208 Sub with 4" lift, so may be close to stock angle for small lifted(4") non-CV blazer.

Asking $450 for rareness and modifications. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I wish I could let it go for cheaper, but I paid $550 for it, and spent another $350 getting everything setup to make an easy swap-in.

If this is too expensive for most people, I understand. I'm looking for the guy like me, who wants to keep his rims and tires, and put in an ARB, Eaton, or other selectable locker made for these axles. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Axle is quite strong, I ran it in my Sub for a while. I had no problems when I swapped in my 454. It handled the change very well with the light duty 3/4 ton brakes, which are also a bonus over the 10-bolt. 14SF also has 33-spline axle shafts, which are larger than 10 or 12 bolts.

Trades for Dana 60 parts, HD rockbumpers, winches, 16.5 hummer rims, 16.5 33-37" tires, 454 MPI kit,... you get the idea.

If all else fails, I'll slap it in a jeep.