Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

15" 8 lug rims

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Red Chevy Girl, Jun 5, 2002.

1. Red Chevy Girl

Red Chevy Girl 1/2 ton status

15\" 8 lug rims

I'm looking for a cheap 15" rim that is 8 lug to determine whether I can fit the 15" rims on my truck. Or if there is one I could try on the truck so I can order my beadlocks for the right size.

2. Scorpion

Scorpion Registered Member

Re: 15\" 8 lug rims

On a FF Corp 14, you must have the smaller of the drums in order to fit a 15" wheel. These drums can be found on most late 70's 3/4ton 2 wheel drive pickups. The crappy part is I have not seen a Dana 60 front with a 15" wheel and I'm not sure it can be done. I do know that a 3/4T Dana 44 can accept a 15" wheel with some minor grinding to the outside of the caliper.

If you want to test fit, they make a modular white or chrome 8 lug 15" wheel and you should be able to find them at used wheel stores.

Hope this helps!

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

Re: 15\" 8 lug rims

<font color=blue>You can fit any 15" steel wheel over any 14 bolt drum, and you can fit them on a D44 or D60 with grinding (how much depends on backspace). Do a search, all the info is here