Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

15" 8-lug wheels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris Demartini, Mar 29, 2000.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

15\" 8-lug wheels

<font color=blue>Anyone know where I could get a set of 15 inch 8 lug wheels? I saw a disk kit that would allow 15 inch wheels on 8 lug axles, and not having to buy new wheels and tires just to put in a bigger rear would help out on costs.</font color=blue>

2. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Re: 15\" 8-lug wheels

Bart Supertruckers, Eaton (the National Tire house brand, www.natltire.com) or Wheel Vintiques (avail. from summit) all offer a 15x10 8 lug, the only problem, i ran into this, is that they have real neg offset, so they will stick out further than a 16 or 16.5, this may not be a prob for you, it was for me.

RaisedK5

"Friends don't let friends drive Fords"

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Have the Stockton Wheel company make you a set with the backspacing you want. They really aren't that expensive.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Correct if I'm wrong, but it was my understanding if you plan on doing this on a 14 bolt for instance, that there isn't enough clearance to swing a 15 inch around the drums, and the disc brake assembly is just smaller and allowing the 15 to fit...WK

5. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

Trudesign Wheel 1-800-621-6436 will also make you any kind of wheel you want for a reasonable price. I have not heard very good thinks about Stockton wheels. I mean that they don't have very good customer service.

Donovan

6. Crash90K5

Crash90K5 Registered Member

WK - I've actually seen a 15" 8 lug rim on a FF 14-Bolt. My buddy is running these on his 79 Fleetside (and he's got 16.5" 8 lugs up front... go figure). So I know it can be done. He told me there weren't too many options, he ended up with your run o' the mill steel wagon wheels.

[​IMG] <font color=blue>Crash90K5</font color=blue> [​IMG]

7. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>If i do decide to do this, it'll be on a d60 (yes i know I have to change the spring pads). the tsm kit can fit 15s. It's in the new 4W&OR they have it on a ramcharger with a d60 and they show a lot of space between the calipers and the rims.</font color=blue>