Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

15" Eatons/Wheel Vintiques on 8-bolt Dana44

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LittlePig, Apr 12, 2001.

1. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

I looked through the back posts, because I remember a thread about 15" wheels on 1-ton axles, but I didn't find anything. I plan to put an 8-bolt axle up front on my future rig, but in order to get what I want, I need to run 15" front wheels. I remember reading that steel 15s might fit on the 8-bolt though the clearence would be tight for those big calipers. Since Eaton/Wheel Vintiques sell 15" 8-bolt rims, I kinda have to assume they will fit, but real-life experience would be most appreciated. So far, this is the only hurdle I have encountered in planning my buildup.

Email: xiaozhu@my-deja.com

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

Re: 15\" Eatons/Wheel Vintiques on 8-bolt Dana44

<font color=blue>They'll fit but you have to grind the calipers. They're not huge, they're the same thing as 1/2 ton calipers. They fit over the rear drums fine though</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

3. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

I'm running 15x10, 8 lug Eaton wheels with 3" backspacing. I had to grind the calipers and backing plates to fit. I had to grind even more when I got a spare 15" wheel from Summit with a 4 1/4" backspacing. Pics are on the Midwest Spring K5 posts. thebigdaddyof2, todd

4. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

I was afraid of something like that. How much did you have to grind off the caliper? I am concerned with compromising the structure of the caliper.

Email: xiaozhu@my-deja.com

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>You only have to grind a little. I ground mine and theres still plenty of material left on them so I dont think strength was comprimised.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

6. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

Have the same set-up...just a littlle grinding...try to fit them..little more grinding till you get it...really not much!!..HINT!!!!!........Have a least on wheel with no tire on it when you do this...(makes lifting it on the truck to make sure it does'nt rub)...it's a lot easier!!!!!