Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

15 inch rims

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cocky, Mar 17, 2000.

1. cocky

cocky Registered Member

15 inch rims will fit on a 14 ff with either 11 inch brakes or a disc conversion, but not 13 inch brakes. Is this right? What about an 8 lug dana 44 or a dana 60. The reason i am asking is i thought that tires are more expensive for 16 inch rims and there is not as much selection. Is this true? Also on another subject, does anybody know what kind of tranny and transfercase is in a 96 z71 1/2 ton chevy pickup. (I know this is not about a k5,sorry) Thanks for the help.

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Not sure about the rear, but on the front there is clearance issues with the calipers. I have heard that 15" rims can fit if the calipers are ground down for clearance, and that the backspacing and particular brand of wheel dictates how much material must be removed from the caliper.
    The selection of 16" tires in the larger sizes are pretty limited, and the ones out there are generally more expensive than the 15" counterparts.
    The '96 should have a NP241 t-case.

3. cocky

cocky Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I talked to a friend at my local 4 wheel drive shop and he said you have to grind quite abit off. Then every time you change calipers you have to grind it again. If i go with the 3/4 ton axles i think i will go with 16 inch rims, unless i hear something different

Don't stand in front of a train naked