Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

15" wheel with 14ff

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazing86, Jun 18, 2001.

1. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

15\" wheel with 14ff

i have 15x10 wheels that i just purchased, and a 14ff that wes is making me. Will this combo work, or will the drums be to big for the wheel? Does anyone know of any trucks that came with the 14ff and 15in wheels?

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Re: 15\" wheel with 14ff

I've got a 14bolt with 15x10 STEEL wheels. I don't think the aluminum ones will fit because they are thicker but th steel ones fit just fine. I'm right in the middle of a break from grinding my font calipers and backing plates to fit the 15's in the front. I too was in your position except my tireswere brand new.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red>SEMPER FI TO MY BLAZER

3. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

i too have brand new tires. Right now my front wheels are 15x10, but its for the 10 bolt front. What axle are you running up front, and do u think i will need to grind my calibers and backing plates? If so, please trry and post some pics.

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I have a 10 bolt also. What I did to convert it to 8 lug was take the backing plate hub and rotor from an 82 suburban and installed it on mine. It was really simple. It uses the same spindle, bearings, manual locking hubs calipers and pads. But in order to fit the 15's you have to grind quite a bit off the top of the calipers and backing plate. I'll take a few pics when I'm done. I didn't take any pics before but you can just compare it to yours. It may be a few days though.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red>SEMPER FI TO MY BLAZER

5. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

To let you know, all 15" wheels (whatever backspacing) aluminum or steel will fit over a rear 14bolt axle with DRUM brakes. So, you'll be fine (make sure it's 8 lug ofcourse :) )
    Front 3/4ton D44 is another story.
    Boss

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boss.coloradok5.com>http://www.boss.coloradok5.com</A>