Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

15" Wheels on D60 Front

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ryan Melton, Mar 23, 2001.

1. Ryan Melton

Ryan Melton Registered Member

I know that I can run 15" Steel wheels on a D60 Front with some grinding on the calipers, but need to know how much backspacing I can / should run. I plan on running 44" Boggers on a 10" beadlocked wheel. (6" susp lift) Can I run 3 3/4" inches of backspacing on a D60 without the wheel / tire sidewall hitting anything? What about the tires as full lock? Will they hit the frame? I know Stephen Watson (ORD) is running 42's on 10" wheels with 3" of backspacing. I don't know if he is running this particular backspacing to clear components, the frame, or he just prefers that particluar spacing. Any help would be appreciated.

2. bigerik

bigerik 1/2 ton status

Re: 15\" Wheels on D60 Front

I know 4WheelParts has a bad rep, but when I ordered my 39.5X18s for my Dana 60, the salesman looked up the proper backspacing and I had zero problems. Act like you're gonna order from them and they'll look it up. Nice choice of tires/wheels! I wish I had gone 15". I can't air down as much as I'd like. See my trucks and action photos at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bigerik.coloradoK5.com>http://www.bigerik.coloradoK5.com</A>.

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Stephen Watson's 42s are only 15" wide, 44" Boggers are 19.5" wide. I would get 15x12s with 3 1/2" of backspacing. They're going to hit the fenders unless you do a lot of trimming, but that should keep them off the frame and springs. </font color=blue>

[​IMG]

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

A guy in our club is running a set of 15x10 whitespokes with the standard 4.25" backspacing on a front Dodge Dana 60. I'm not sure is the calipers and backing plates are the same, but I would think they were similar. Less backspacing usually means less grinding, though.

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We put the 44" tsl's on Aaron Clough's Bummer with stockton 15 x 12's with 3" backspace and it took minor sanding of the caliper. Obviously the bodies different, but he didn't have any contact problems with the frame or springs. He would use a 10" wheel if he was buying them again though. Same backspace, just narrower. Course the bogger's are pretty wide compared to the TSL also.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD